52cm Steel Crown Jewel $2200 OBO

Home Forums Classifieds 52cm Steel Crown Jewel $2200 OBO

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Mike Grier

Hello all…selling locally in PDX as well.

This specific frame was purchased as a very lightly used frameset. When I got the frame, it was obvious based on the pristine condition of the paint that it was barely ridden. I wasn’t a fan of the original stars & stripe paint job so I had the frame completely redone at Spectrum Powderworks. They took the frame down to bare metal and refinished with a beautiful powdercoat finish that is much more durable than paint — no worries with paint chips here! The frame finish is in perfect condition and it could pass as a new frame — absolutely no scratches, dings, dents, rust, etc. Frame saver was also applied to the only open tube on the frame (seat tube) and the bike has never been ridden in the rain. The frame also has eyelets for a rear rack / fenders. The steel fork is actually a new replacement for the original as the shop completing the bike build accidently cut the steerer too short on the original fork — ouch!

The bike has not been ridden in the last 3 years and, prior to that, was maybe ridden a total of 2-3 times for a total of maybe 150-200 miles.

Frameset: Indy Fab Crown Jewel steel frame & fork with sterling silver headbadge
    http://www.ifbikes.com/OurBikes/Road/Steel_Crown_Jewel/
    Headset: Chris King
    Stem: Ritchey WCS
    Bars: Ritchey WCS
    Seatpost: Thomson
    Drivetrain: Dura Ace 7800
    Wheelset: Mavic Ksyrium Equipe
    Cages: Arundel Stainless
    Seat: Sella Italia SLR Titanium rail
    Pedals: None
    **Please note – bike is being sold with SILVER Thomson seatpost and stainless steel bottle cages.

Seat tube length (cm): 46.0
    Top tube length (cm): 52.0
    Head tube length (mm): 145.0
    Head tube angle: 72.0
    Seat tube angle: 74.0
    Top tube angle: 10.0
    Wheelbase (cm): 97.2
    Standover height (cm): 76.3
    Trail (mm): 56.9
    Chainstay length (mm): 410.0
    Head tube above top tube (mm) 15.0

Steel is real!
    Thanks for looking and let me know if you have any questions.
    Serious buyers only and I am NOT interested in any trades.

</iframe>” alt=”IF side” />

<iframe src=”https://www.flickr.com/photos/soulmining/2237389510/in/set-72157622632484593/player/&#8221; width=”500″ height=”375″ frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe src=”https://www.flickr.com/photos/soulmining/2814142125/in/set-72157622632484593/player/&#8221; width=”500″ height=”375″ frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen></iframe>

Mike Grier

Not having luck posting photos so please email me for pics. Bike is still on front page under “Green Crown Jewel”.
    As noted, bought the bike as a frameset project – had it refinished and built up only to have ridden it 2-3 times. It has not been ridden at all in last 3 years.
    Thanks!
    mike
    mikegrier03@yahoo.com

Mike Grier

Hello- bike has been sold, thanks!!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Trackback URL

Built by Asteriskr | Powered by Wordpress | Served by Aegishosting | RSS Feed | Twitter Feed | Log in |

© 2004-2013 Independent Fabrication Owners' Club: All text and images copyright unless otherwise stated