Chrome Plated IF?

Home Forums Discussion Chrome Plated IF?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Filip Clark

My previously-loved 1995 IF Deluxe is, in my opinion, in need of new paint. Actually the steel it's made of needs a new coat of protection from corrosion.

Does anyone have a chrome plated IF? Would this look silly? Would it be heavy? Cycleart (cycleart.com) does plating and it is not inexpensive but that isn't so much a factor.

Thoughts?

Dave Bradley

I would say the closest thing to it would be a polished stainless bike. SSR/SSX

Hmm no idea if it would add much weight, but I did have a Schwinn Predator back when I was a kid with chrome plating and I loved that bike. Looked great.

Would be interested to see. But what do I know all of my bikes are white.

It's going to add weight. Chrome plating is basically adding a thin layer of metal. If it's used as a cruiser, it might not matter that much. Post pics if you do it. Interested in seeing how the decals come out with that.

Darren

Bringing back a dead post…listen to what I got.  I have a rigid 29er IF fork that someone had chromed.  Slick looking (pun intended), and no decals yet.  It does add a bit of weight (minimal).  It also proves a tad bit trying to get the front wheel in the dropouts, as it hasn’t worn down yet, but looks hot.  Sorry, not for sale…yet.

Darren

Cris Bloomfield
    Keymaster

ttiwwp

Darren

Chrome Forks

Chrome Forks

Chrome Forks

Cris Bloomfield
    Keymaster

Very flash!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Trackback URL

Built by Asteriskr | Powered by Wordpress | Served by Aegishosting | RSS Feed | Twitter Feed | Log in |

© 2004-2013 Independent Fabrication Owners' Club: All text and images copyright unless otherwise stated