Spending money on your bike…

Home Forums Discussion Spending money on your bike…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    John May

I know this may be a taboo subject, but if you’re like me, you live in a world where most people, your wife in particular, do not appreciate the money you spend on a bicycle.

My wife has grown to appreciate the fact that the bike helps me stay in shape, keeps me happy, and unlike golf, I do not have to pay to play.

However, it’s hard to tell her why I spend $65 on one water bottle carrier.

It’s equally hard to tell friends how much one spends on ones bike, if they ask “How much did it cost you?” And then they go onto saying that the bike they bought at Sears ten years ago is fine.

Here are a couple of things I do.

I “split invoices”. When I by the $65 bottle carriers ($130 for the pair), I pay $80 in cash and put $50 on the credit card. That way when and if my wife looks through the credit card bills, she sees two water bottle carriers for $50 – and still thinks I’ve spend too much, but will accept it.

When someone asks how much I spent on a bike, I take one component and tell them the cost of it. Then I let them figure out the rest for themselves.

Andy Corso

Bet she does the ‘ol split invoice thing with her shoe purchases?

John May

I’ll bet she does!!!! <G>

Andy Benson

“When someone asks how much I spent on a bike, I take one component and tell them the cost of it. Then I let them figure out the rest for themselves.”

Good way to put it – I’ll have to use that.

Chuck Mader

I got divorced….

Cris Bloomfield
    Keymaster

Get her riding too :mrgreen:

John May

I'm 54 years old and thanks to the Independent Fabrication Crown Jewel SE, with 2,500 miles his year, I am keeping my health in textbook condition. All my wife had to do is compare that with the health of many our friend & relatives – to see that the money has been well spent. And yeah, she finally discovered all the "invoices". We're still together!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Trackback URL

Built by Asteriskr | Powered by Wordpress | Served by Aegishosting | RSS Feed | Twitter Feed | Log in |

© 2004-2013 Independent Fabrication Owners' Club: All text and images copyright unless otherwise stated