New IF Website

Home Forums Discussion New IF Website

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Cris Bloomfield
    Keymaster

So the new IF website is now live with some new features over the old site. Feedback on the design here…

Andy Corso

Cris, looks good eh?…. love the MPG clips and the fresh new look, hopefully they’ll keep the Blog regularly updated.

Howard

The site is great but a couple things. I think it is kind of corny to click the custom paint and a pdf pops up. Why not allow the user to play with paint schemes? that kind of puzzles me. The dealer locator does not work too well. Type in your zip and it does not give nearby?

My biggest gripe. I understand moving on and all (coming from someone who has supported this company since its inception) but how do you not mention Matt Bracken at all in the History section?

Dave Bradley

There are several folks who have worked at IF over the years. Matty B was a huge influence and sold bikes really well.

IF has history, present, and a future.

Celebrate what it now and where it is going. Those two things are both influenced by the past.

Cris Bloomfield
    Keymaster

All comments have value so thanks for taking time to make some remarks :)

I’m particularly interested to hear what people have to say about the user interfaces in the new site. I had nothing to do with it, but I’m interested in gauging responses for potential ideas that might wind up on ifrider.com

There’s definitely been a reduction in the number of submissions (around 50% down in comparison to the last four years for the same period) to the Owners’ Club since the new ifbikes.com site went live. I can only assume that this is because the link to the OC is now hidden away, rather than being on the front page.

I think that there’s significant value in the history of things and there should be a celebration of all those who’ve contributed to the success of IF over the years. Who knows there might be something in the works that addresses that. I haven’t looked in detail, but the history section of the new site, but it seemed to have been substantially re-edited (it was HUGE before). Rather than read too much into any missing names, it’s likely the text was put together to keep it concise.

As I said above none of my doing, just exxpressing some views :)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Trackback URL

Built by Asteriskr | Powered by Wordpress | Served by Aegishosting | RSS Feed | Twitter Feed | Log in |

© 2004-2013 Independent Fabrication Owners' Club: All text and images copyright unless otherwise stated