Group

Home Forums Discussion Group

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    John May

Is there any interest in a Independent Fabrication group event? Maybe a loosely organized gathering of IF owners at a public park or any area that could accommodate a number of riders for some sort of picnic, party, etc?

Yeah, logistics could be a pain in the neck and we’d all rather ride than sit around, but it might be fun to pull off some sort of event.

It could be as simple as all roadies converging in a town like Dover on a Sunday afternoon – or roadies and off roadies could meet at Borderland State park in Easton.

What do you think?

Cris Bloomfield
    Keymaster

John

I think that’s a great idea. Given that the US membership is spread all over the country there might be local pockets of interest in this. I suspect that there would be potential interest in the following cities:

Boston

New York

Seattle

San Francisco

There may be others? Perhaps IF dealers would be prepared to step up to the plate to help with the local organisation of events. If you have any ideas or suggestions on taking this forward, please post up or email me: admin@ifrider.com

Cris

John May

Okay,

I’ll start making some inquiries with the Boston area.

Funny thing is that two guys I work with are Harley Davidson owners and they were headed to something this weekend – and asked me if bicycle brands do the same thing. I told them, “Well, we’re about to find out”…..

Cris Bloomfield
    Keymaster

John

Any advance on this? My discussions with the IF crew in the Factory suggested that they were keen to get behind it if the concept could be fleshed out a bit.

Dave Bradley

Cris check your email,

Something is being planned and I need your help/advice/input!

Dave

Jon Saperia

I did not have my IF at the time this was posted. I belong to a couple clubs in the Boston/West of Boston area and I see only one other IF with any regularity even on rides like the spring Century rides, I have not seen any. A group ride wold be fun. Email me if you are interested.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Trackback URL

Built by Asteriskr | Powered by Wordpress | Served by Aegishosting | RSS Feed | Twitter Feed | Log in |

© 2004-2013 Independent Fabrication Owners' Club: All text and images copyright unless otherwise stated