Full Carbon CJ

Home Forums Discussion Full Carbon CJ

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Andy Corso

Anybody catch the new CJ full carbon lugged Proto at NAHBS?……… wow!

Darren

Yes, I saw it. Did anyone get to pick it up? It was ridiculous, at 13.9 lbs., I think. I have never lifted a bike so light. All the IF people were great to talk to at the HUGE booth! Wow is right.

Cris Bloomfield
    Keymaster

We have exclusive photos of this new IF froom NAHBS thanks to our rovering reporter :)

Cris Bloomfield
    Keymaster

Exclusive Photos now live in the Members’ Only area!

Andy Corso

Awesome pics……the CJ full carbon proto looks fully sorted to me, hopefully it won;t take too long to make it into production.

Dave Bradley

The bike is sick. Edge and IF have an exclusive partnership in this and Joe said they are going to right now have the ability to meet 75% + of the custom geos for us customers. No official word on production, but testing seems to be in store.

I don’t care what anyone says, the bike is a work of art and stroke of genius. The goal is to come in under teh price of the XS and if so, will absolutely kill the competition for a full carbon full custom frameset.

Andy Corso

@Dave, I read That the key facet in IF being able to offer custom full carbon frames is that of EDGE being able to produce different carbon lugs from adjustable molds. Is this the same way that Colnago manages it? anyone know….. just interested.

Whatever, the EDGE IF ones look way cool with the crown shape…..even ‘edgy’ LOL

Dave Bradley

Yes this is the info I was told as well. Not many folks can produce that. Not only that, but being able to tune the tubes to rider weight and stiffness.

I know that IF and Edge are working exclusively and I would imagine that some companies would love to have this relationship. I bet a few are pissed they don’t :)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Trackback URL

Built by Asteriskr | Powered by Wordpress | Served by Aegishosting | RSS Feed | Twitter Feed | Log in |

© 2004-2013 Independent Fabrication Owners' Club: All text and images copyright unless otherwise stated