Independent Fabrication Planet X (56cm)

Home Forums Classifieds Independent Fabrication Planet X (56cm)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Ken Clark

It’s time to part with my beloved and under-utilized Independent Fabrication (IF) Planet X CX bike. This bike was never used for cross racing, it was used as my commuter bike, and all purpose bike when I was unable to ride my mountain bike. This is an awesome commuter and touring bike.

This is a steel bike, and it has been treated with frame saver for internal preservation. There are no dents, dings, bends, or issues aside from chain rub near the big ring. It’s made from Columbus tubing, which is known to absorb a lot of road noise. It has regular dropouts, and does not have the rack or pump mounts because that would be foolish in my opinion.
    The paint is gorgeous and in great shape overall.
    The Ride The bike is a real pleasure to ride, it’s smooth and the steel frame absorbs impact that otherwise gets sent to your spine or makes your teeth rattle. It handles very well. It ‘s a well designed and much tested bike, and it rides like it.

Parts List (aka. Groupo)
    We’ll start with the extra special stuff and move on from there:
    – Paul Cantilever brakes front and rear – these things are powerful canti’s, and they are works of art
    – Chris King headset
    – Chris King Wheels, handbuilt, straight and true, and no flat spots (optional – see pricing for details) – the wheels and frame will take bigger tires
    – Ultegra shifters
    – Ultegra front and rear derailleurs
    – Ultegra chain and cassette
    – Ultegra bottom bracket
    – Pedals are not included, and I’d prefer to keep my trusty Flite saddle to use on another bike – I have several other saddles to choose from. This is negotiable.

Geometry
    The bike is as close to a stock 56cm as possible, with the following specs:
    – Top Tube = 55.625cm
    – Seat Tube = 53.75cm
    – Head Tube = 16.25cm

I’m 6′ and 168lbs, with a 31-ish inseam. I’m the 2nd owner having bought it in like new condition, and after a patient search for a 56cm frame geometry.

Pricing
    I’m pricing this in 2 ways – one with the King Wheelset, and one without the King Wheelset (no wheels). With the King wheels, I’m asking $2,100. With the wheels I’m asking $1,650. I believe these prices are fair, and I want who ever buys it to be happy with the bike. I am prepared to box and ship the bike if desired. I’m reasonable, and my prices are obo.

Contact
    Contact Ken with any questions.

Ken Clark

Price adjustment:
    With the King wheels, I’m asking $1,950.
    Without the wheels I’m asking $1,450.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Trackback URL

Built by Asteriskr | Powered by Wordpress | Served by Aegishosting | RSS Feed | Twitter Feed | Log in |

© 2004-2013 Independent Fabrication Owners' Club: All text and images copyright unless otherwise stated